Friday, June 27, 2014

The Merry-Go-Round

I know I have been remiss at posting and so now I have my pictures loaded and am marathon posting. LOL I made this right after I did the Santos Cage Doll. This kit is also from Retro Cafe's Art. I painted this with Lumiere Pink Gold from Jaquard. I added some pink sparkly paper from my stash that I haven't found a use for previously. Not much of a scrapbooker here. But I have plenty of papers if I should ever get around to it. I am sure I have more than any scrapbooker in the world. Well, close to it. I tend to hoard the really pretty stuff. http://www.retrocafeart.com/item_5130/3-D-Carousel-Shrine-Kit.htm You can get it without any topper, like I did and buy seperately the exploding box carousel to go on top. It is also available with just the tent top like in the picture below. 



This is what the inside of the exploding box I made looks like inside. The vintage horse papers come with the carousel. I added some colorful fuzzy yarn.

2 comments:

jessa @ Sparkle said...

This is super cool! I love the colors you chose!

Lynn Mercurio said...

Such an awesome project, and a true labor of love! Love all the detail of your mix of papers on the exploding box portion. The decorations around the bottom and top of the box look incredible.