Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Play time with new stamps

I have gotten some new stamps from Stampendous and have been playing with them. I love getting to play with new toys. This stamp is called Glance.
I also added a bit of a die from Cheery Lynn called French Lattice small. 
Next stamp is the Moray Dahlia. I had a lot of  fun with this one using old techniques of painting color on the stamp with water based ink markers.

 I do love the large flowers that they have been coming out with. They are so much fun to color. I lean towards larger stamps anyway.

 This is the Filly Sketch Stamp that I also did with water dye markers. I also used a die by Spellbinders for the background called A-2 Fancy Ribbon Threader.

This is the Moray Dahlia again with the smallest die from the Spellbinders A-2 Fancy Ribbon Threader and the Petite Monarch from the Gilded 

Tuesday, July 22, 2014

I just received this Tree Line die from Dreamweaver for leaving a comment on their facebook page! Yipee! I am a lucky girl :) If you go to Dreamweaver blog there are a bunch of great examples of their new dies.  http://dreamweaverstencils.blogspot.com/2014/07/july-challengedreamweaver-stencils-to.html  I cut the die in brown twice and the tree tops twice, cuttingthe tree trunk bits off whyle using the scisors in a jagedy way. I trimmed away the sides of the 2nd tree die and put them behind the first a bit offset. I darkened the edges of the trees because the paper was colored on top and white beneath. I darkened the top of the the upper set of trees right under the leaves and darkened all of the trees behind. I hope that I am making sense. I sense fibro fog screwing with what I want to say, but I really want to get this posted.
I used thin foam tape to separate the trees and for the first layer of leaves, I used 2 different thicknesses of foam dot/tape. I went higher on the outer trees and lower on the center leaves. On the top layer of leaves I cut various parts to make them more dimensional. I only added one layer to the center trees and 2 layers to the outer trees. I backed the whole piece with blue for the sky that I scrumbled on some white colorbox pigment ink.
I cut a frame (Spellbinders Radiant Rectangles) out of the brown paper to put behind these layers and then, after gluing it all together realized that it blended in to much with the trees, so I used a copic marker to make it a different color.
The blue card beneath that is from Marianne Design Creatable Die Anja's Large Oval. I used the cropadile corner chomper on the corners of my layers and my base card. This ended up being quite a large card. 6.50x7" So I had to use a large sheet of card to make it. The sunflower is from an old Spellbinders die. I used the smallest one. the other flowers are all from paper punches. 
 For the little people, I used the brownies from Stamp Camp- http://www.stampcamp.com/brownies.html   I used my fringer to make grass. It is used in quilling but I felt it would make some nice grass. 
I hope you like my card.