Sunday, October 18, 2015

Bootiful!

Even though I am not huge on clear stamps I had to get this set. The minute I set eyes on the Stampendous Skeleton Style Perfectly Clear stamps I knew it was going to be so much fun to play with.  With a little masking and a little trial and error of a practice sheet I finally got the face in the perfect spot. I cut out my skelly with Cherry Lynn Oval - Scalloped LG Stackers Nesting Dies - XL-8.  The spider web corners are from Frantic Stamper Precision Die - Square Vignette Spider Web Insert. I cut it cross wise to get the corners. This die i 1 1/4 in. so it makes perfect photo corners. I got out my tweezers and some Colorbox pigment ink and embossed the corners with a powder called Rainbow Trout. It is a holographic silver embossing powder by a company no longer in business but the Kaleidoscope embossing powder from Stampendous would work wonderfully too. 
I colored this image with Prismacolor pencils because I needed bright colors with lots of pigment to show up on the deep blue gray card stock. In case you haven't noticed, I use that color a lot especially when I want a moody background. I used some glue on the edges of the scalloped oval and added some blue Beedz from my stash. I had a ticket left over from the yearly senior fair we have here. I used the same holo embossing powder to edge the ticket. I did the words with a couple old alphabet sets from Just Rite Stamps. At the bottom I used some tape from the Dollar Tree. I hope you enjoy my work. Have a great day!

No comments: