Sunday, February 13, 2011

Blueberry Sprite

I made several modifications to the pattern for this doll. I gave her a large nose and made the hat much taller.I changed the neckline, made the arms the same color as the shirt instead of the legs. I also made larger hands. After making the hands 6 times and having blowouts and tears in the fabric, I decided to make them the larger size that I use on my other dolls. Here is a picture of the first doll that I made using the May Pixie pattern for comparison.
You can't even see the hat in this picture. The embroidery on this doll, who I named Autumn, is from a dress bodice. I used other parts of the dress for the Blueberry Sprite's hands and face. It has a soft suede feel to it. 
These pictures are of Elfwind. She was the second doll I made. I love her to pieces. She is long and lanky and dare I say sexy. She was made from a green skirt in the same micro suede fabric, but she wasn't as difficult to make. Her long hair is braided wooly yarn.

1 comment:

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Greetings for another Wichita person. You have won one of my 8.5 X 11 collages. I hope you enjoy it.