Friday, September 24, 2010

GPP Crusade No. 44- In a scrape


 
This was a fun excersize. I used black as a base. The first is black orange and yellow, although the picture didn't turn out very well. The second is black and turquoise. I know, it really doesn't look like black underneath. Anyway, the idea Michelle presented to us was to put a base color down. Let it dry. Then take another color  or 2 or 3 and scrape them over the top to get a textured background. I am realy looking foreward to next month when we get to do something on top of these backgrounds. I am chomping at the bit to find out what is instore for these. They were a lot of  fun to do.

5 comments:

Jester said...

Viki, these are absolutely wonderful - I love the colours and the texture you have created.

michelle ward said...

Viki - these are dynamite!!! Love your colors. Terrific textures!! Thanks for sharing with the team! Only a few more days until I share what is next :)

Anonymous said...

Lovely pages, love the colours.

Jessica said...

Your pages are really pretty. i love that first one - reminds me of an abstract landscape.

Anonymous said...

Wow! You're right, the black under-layer in the second one doesn't show in the photo, but I bet in real life it adds depth and mystery.