Friday, November 27, 2015

A Christmas card

I love this Cheery Lynn Die French Lattice (small). It makes such an elegant background. I would use it on almost every card but I tend to do larger coloring designs that would just cover the whole thing. So sad. I do use it often on the inside of cards though. I used the 2nd die in this set: Oval-Scalloped-lg-stackers-nesting-dies/. The stamp I used is from(gasp!!!No, not Stampendous ;p) After Midnight Art Stamps Christmas Sheet #5. It was stamped in Tim Holtz Distress Ink Vintage Photo. Then I went over the edges with the same ink and penned in over the top with Copic Atyou Spica in Sky Blue. Then I used my Irresistable Pico Embelisher to add a tiny dot on each of the scallops and at the meeting point of each lattice. I added everything to a white pre-made card that I edged with the Vintage Photo Distress ink. I made my Poinsettia with Cheery Lynn's  Build-a-flower-1-petals-leaves/. After I shaped the petals I used my Craf-t-Products-Metallic Rub Ons in gold and red on the flower petals and leaves. Before I used a small brass brad in the center of the Poinsettia I added light dabs of glue to the petals and sprinkled them with red micro glitter from Stampendous  Christmas-micro-glitter-kit. It doesn't show in the picture but it sure looks great in the light. 
I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving Day! Viki     

No comments: