Monday, February 16, 2015

3 Different Same Cards

All of these cards use the same stamp, but have different coloring and different card designs.  I absolutely love this little Halloween reveler. She is Pumpkin Ride rubber stamp from Stampendous. I love the vintage look. I am such a huge sucker for vintage, but especially vintage Halloween. I just can't seem to get enough of those cute babies and the black kittens. I know it is far from Halloween but by then I will have new ideas and yes I still have some of my Halloween decorations up and am working on a project that is rather Halloween related. I honestly could have totally skipped the whole Christmas thing this year. And while I am at it Happy Mardi Gras!
This card is colored in plumb purple colors with lime green and turquoise blue accents.  I don't remember the name of this decorative paper but I do know it is from the same pad as the star paper on the next card and it is half girly colors and half boyish colors and has embossing on the papers. I just love all the bright colors in it. It is definitely  great for kids birthday cards. I have had it for years, so it's probably not available any more. Anyway, the corners are just parts that I saved from die cutting  and thought they would make nice corners. I made rosettes from the Tim Holtz Mini Rosettes die. I also used  Marianne Design Creatable Dies Petras ~Ornaments as a background to my focal image.                                        This card is all about the purple. When I was finished coloring and fussy cutting my image I realized she was just to dark and dull. Then I remembered that many vintage cutouts that I have seen have a gold outline and it just so happened I had the perfect product to use. Imagine Crafts IrresistiblePico Embellisher in gold That I won from a crafty blog hop. I also won this stamp from a Stampendous blog hop. I have been extremely lucky in my blog hopping lately. The Pico Embellisher has a wonderful fine point on it and to keep it from clogging in storage there is a nice wire inside the cap that stays in the tip when stored. I think it was the perfect touch to brighten up my sadly over dark coloring. I made a bow with my Bow It all and added a nice sunflower from Petaloo (also won from a blog hop ;p )

This last card is done in blue and gold. Actually the markers I used ended up being a kind of periwinkle. The beautiful fan die is Marianne Design-Creatable Die Petras Heart & Corners I also added another rosette made with the  Tim Holtz Mini Rosettes die. I decided it was still a bit plane so I found some vintage glitter in my stash. I love this stuff and use it sparingly....usually, since I got it at a yard sale and it is in the original bottle. The lid says, "Double plated Will Hold Glitter .25cents." I got a little sloppy with the glue, but it's ok.

1 comment:

Lynn Mercurio said...

Such a great variety, and a perfect way to show all the various looks you can get from the same image!