Thursday, October 16, 2014

Time to post some new cards

My friends birthday was earlier this month and both of us love cats so I found this stamp as a digi available at Motivet. It is only available now as a digital stamp. http://www.motivet.com/webshop/  I had seen this on a card someone had made and they couldn't tell me where it was from. I did a web search and still couldn't find the maker of it. I had all but given up and spotted this cutie on someone elses blog and they had the company name, so I rushed there only to see a sad posting that they were no longer doing stamp shows or selling rubber. Gasp! Thankfully she does have digi's available and they are so cute. I bought a whole bunch. Many of them look like vintage children's birthday card images or the cuties you gave your friends on Valentines day. I am thrilled to have them even though I do prefer my rubber that I can hold in my hands. So many companies are selling digi's now. I guess it is like my aversion to e-books. They may be convenient and cheap, but there is nothing like a book to hold in your hands. Anyway, enough of that, here is the inside of the card.
I just got these Stampendous stamps, Scraggly Cat and Damask Bats. I used Graphite Brilliance ink to color the Damask Bats background and then embossed it with an unknown embossing powder. The baggie isn't marked so I have no idea who it is from. With the exception of ultra fine clear ep. I haven't purchased any embossing powders in probably 10 years. I have so many and don't use them that often. It isn't that I don't like the way they look. It is just that I am lazy. Anyhow, this ep seems to be a mix of gold and black. I love the way the bow turned out. I have been getting lots of use from my new Bow-It-All2. You can get one at Really Reasonable Ribbon.  I guess I can finally get rid of my little chip board template that I made.
On this card I used my new Owl die from DreamweaverDG 751 Nesting owls I won this set of dies during one of their blog hops. It is always a wonderful feeling to be a winner. Get out there and do some blog hops and you could be a winner too(not that I want any competition. LOL) This is the smallest owl from the set of dies.
This is another kit I won from Stampendous. It is the Stack Art Kraftboard Regal Bird Kit- SAK02. I had so much fun with it. I got the set of craft board tags and sayings that came with them on a sheet. You choose which saying that you want to use. It also comes wit die cut sticky paper to adhere it all together. I also received the matching stamp set to use along with a set of their wonderful Stack Art Elements. 

  

I bought this Stampendous stamp set and thought it would be great water colored. It is the Hydrangea Garden set and comes with the large Hydrangea stamp, a single blossom, leaves, a butterfly and a stencil/mask to use.  I am loving these big floral sets that come with the stencil/mask and have purchased several.


Post a Comment