Wednesday, October 26, 2016

Cat Lovers Hop! The Dreams and Nightmares of Cats

I thought it would be a lot of fun to participate in this hop. I found out about it by way of the 31 Days of Halloween hop. Yea, tis the season for multiple hops and lack of time. 

I made this book for my best friends birthday and hadn't posted it, so perfect timing. I snagged it from her to get some pictures.This is where my kitty watercolor ended up. I wrote in : Sitting in sunshine.

This is a lovely digital stamp from Motivet Rubber Stamps . They don't sell rubber any more but the digital area still seems to be available. The sticker I added to this one says: The world revolves around me. Seems a perfect cat sentiment to me. LOL

This says and empty food dish(almost).

Cute enough to get away with it. This is also a digital stamp from Motivet. This is actually the one that started my hunt to find this little guy. I saw it on someones card and fell head over heals with the image and had to have it. I got in touch with the person who had the blog and she couldn't remember where she got it. So my life ended right there and then. Not so fast, If you right click on an image and go down the list, you will see one that says "search google for this image". So I did that and it led me to the Motivet web site. It looked pretty closed and the home page. Terrified I looked around and found a nice selection of digital images. SO I grabbed a bunch . I generally don't dig digital images. I want my stuff in my hot little hands so I can ink and stamp it, but in this case I decided I needed these. Haha. So if you ever need to find something, that is how you do it.

Here is another image from Motivet called ice fishing. The words on this are Others don't want to play with you.

This is Your sacred space being invaded. Serious cat nightmare. Of course I used a lot of Tim Holtz Crazy Cats in the book. That is where I got the idea for the book. The mouse is from Annticipations. Stamps N More is now where these stamps are at. The link is directly to the mouse stamps and they are available mounted or UM.

Milk bottles are from the Crazy Cats set the ant is from After Midnight Art Stamps.

You can't enjoy your toys because your siblings want to steal them. Tim Holtz.

Bugs! Bugs! Bugs! Tim Holtz and Magenta.

Taking a nap outside requires one eye open. Tim Holtz,  Annticipations and After Midnight Art Stamps.

Others in the home don't respect your space. Tim Holtz and Annticipations.

The mice know your a pushover and torment you. Tim Holtz and Annticipations.

You have a thing about closed doors. You prefer transparency. Tim Holtz, Annticipations and an old jar from Posh Impressions.

Water contains horrifying creatures. Tim Holtz. Die from X-Cuts

Giant rodents fall from the sky. Tim Holtz and Annticipations.

The End.  Digital stamp from Motivet. That is it for this post. I hope you enjoyed a look at this little book.

16 comments:

Karenladd said...

What a delightful little book for a lucky cat lover! Thanks for the tip on hunting down images online...something I never knew about. Your cat pages do a wonderful job of showcasing all the different aspects of kitty personalities!
kladd94803 at aol.com
usa

Bad Kitty (Fiki) said...

oh this book is amazing!
so pretty pages !
Fiki from Croatia fikreta.posavec@gmail.com

DonnaMundinger said...

OMG!!! Adorable! What a fabulous little book. Bet your friend just cherishes it. It sure gave me a giggle. xxD dlmundinger(at)yahoo(dot)com USA

D.Ann C said...

Yowza, Viki! You outdid yourself with this precious little book! I think my favorites are the 'wrapped around my finger' and the mouse and ants carrying the kitty away... too cute!! (USA - dcomer1 gmail)

Carole said...

Your friend is one luck lady/gent! What a wonderful gift you made, Viki. My favourite page has to be the first one - love the watercoloured cat! x
caroleannjones2 (at) msn (dot) com
UK

Princess Judy Palmer said...

This book is so awesome! There is so much to love on every page. It definitely put a smile on my face (and a big one too). I loved how much the mice tormented the cat. I think my favorite page was the cat in the big jar. Cats purr-fer transparency.
PJ from US, princessjudy4 @ yahoo.com

KT Fit Kitty said...

What an AWESOME project! Your best friend must have absolutely loved this - I know I would be thrilled to receive a gift like this! It is so creative! I enlarged each photo and went through it page by page - what an adorable and thoughtful gift - you put a lot of love into this and it definitely shows! I'm very impressed and you've given me an idea for a gift! How did you bind it? Do you have your own binding machine? Very inspirational book! Thank you! You're awesome!

KT Fit Kitty
Canada
fitkitty1 at gmail dot com

Christi Conley said...

Oh my goodness!! This is awesome!!! I laughed and laughed - especially the one about the doors being closed - there is absolutely no privacy in my house! Your friend is very lucky & I am so happy you decided to join in the Hop! Christi ~ StampinDiva at yahoo dot com ~ USA

Rebecca Yahrling said...

How fun is this?! I love the Crazy Cat with the mouse - that is just so adorable.

Lisa Lynn said...

WOW - you have so many wonderful images in this great book.

The Altered Paper said...

Enjoyed this fun post! Thanks for sharing the book! Awesome! Tee
USA thealteredpaper(at)gmail

ike said...

Such a gorgeous kitty book - it's amazing :-)

Hugz
IKE xx

My Challenge Blog
My Shop
My Blog
FB Fan Page
Cat Lovers Challenge Blog

Arianna Barbara said...

Stunning project!!!

raggiodiluce82 at gmail dot com

Italy

Michele K. Henderson said...

This is a beautiful project! I love to think of my kitties dreaming!

Sue LD said...

What a wonderful gift for your friend.
slrdowney at hotmail dot com USA

Janis said...

I enjoyed each and every page of this wonderful kitty dreams and nightmares book!!! You have wonderful insight into the feline mind and the scenes you made are spot on!! That's one thing I LOVE abt this hop....everyone really KNOWS cats!...so their cards and projects include little touches that are so exactly right abt our crazy furry friends!! My favorite pages: the fabulously gorgeous watercolor of the kitty enjoying the sunshine, the siblings waiting to steal the toy (sooooo true!), and the napping outside with one eye open! (They sure sack out dead to the world when they come back in, don't they?!!)

Thank you so much for participating in the 2016 Cat Lovers Hop!!!
<3 J

jwoolbright at gmail dot com
HerPeacefulGarden.blogspot.com